Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chicken veggie soup


I always thoughts that soups were hard to make. Then one thanksgiving my MIL taught me how to make turkey soup from the carcass and leftovers. I have been making it ever since. I have since learned that there are easier waysto make soups, that are much quicker. Tonight in about a half hour I made a great chicken veggie soup.

6 chicken tenderloins (about one per person)
6-7 cups water and 6-7 bouillon cube or you can use bottled or canned chicken stock the cubes are just the cheapest
2 bags mixed frozen veggies peas, carrots, green beans,corn
5 peeled diced potatoes
1 T parsley flakes
1 T dried diced onions
Salt and pepper to taste

Bring water with bouillon and chicken(or stock) to boil, add all other ingredients
Let simmer until chicken and potatoes are done, remove chicken and cut into chunks return to soup.
Due to lack of timing I served it tonight with bread and butter, If Brian was home I would have also severed it with cheese and sour cream which he likes to add to soups.


Most of the kids said it was a make again.

0 comments: